Monday 6 May 2013

Should I Get Stock Market and Brokering Classes?


At my age of 34, probably, taking a college undergraduate degree in stock trading would help me in my retirement age. I plan to invest in stocks and bonds once I reach my retirement age. But I often asked myself, “do colleges really have courses designed to help graduates know more about the stock market?” I’ve asked around the Internet and discovered the following truths.


In reality, no college or university actually offers a course in stock trading. You and I can learn about stock trading by reading books about the stock market, looking at the daily Wall Street Journal and Barrons and knowing the terminologies they use in the magazine. Stock trading is like a foreign language.

However, based on my research, experts say that if you want to learn a thing or two about stock market investing in college, I should probably take economics courses and audited accounting classes.

Understanding a company financial report, knowing how to calculate risk analysis, probability and statistics are great knowledge that can help future investors know where to put their money to minimize losses and increase gains. 

Many experts also say that many beginners in the field will ultimately lose so much in the first year. Inevitable as it is, according to them, the stock market is a lesson on trial-and-error. Some patterns, no matter how predictable, still have a tail risk that is highly improbable, yet they can still happen.
So, should I take classes or no? I think I’d rather trust my experience on this one. Besides, online courses for the mathematical side of things are available online.

No comments:

Post a Comment